BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nice to meet you!

Hey everyone!  My name is Amanda and this is my happy little blog.  About me:  I'm 28 and for now I'm a stay at home mom with a 10 month old silly baby girl who is sitting, right now, surrounded in a pile of baby "cheetoe" snacks.  Note to self:  Don't give baby the WHOLE can of snacks.  

Before I was married and a mom, some might say I was a little bit of a party girl, but that's a whole other post in itself!  I lived two crazy years in NYC working for a fashion designer who I equate to Meryl Streep's character Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada....and No, I won't name names!  My roommate, Allison, and I spent our evenings "on the roof" as we called it (the bar on top of the Hotel Ganesvoort), overlooking the city.  SO, the life was fun, but the job kinda sucked and I missed my family, so I headed back to Dallas.  For nearly 3 years I worked with a photographer.  It was fun and  occasionally, I got to do the food styling for photo shoots, which I loved.  
In 2006, I met my husband.  He was a friend of a friend and we all met up at a bar after work.  We were all discussing what we had just eaten, (interesting, I know) and he chimes in with "two cheeseburgers."  Who eats TWO cheeseburgers??  I do, in my dreams!  I was sold.  This man would be mine.  Sure enough, a year and a half later, we were engaged.
Now the present.... and baby makes three.  We had our girl in August of 2008.  I think we've adjusted to being parents quite nicely.  She just fit perfectly into our life like a missing puzzle piece.  Since the cheetoe fiasco of 10 minutes ago, much has happened.  A cup of water was masterfully dumped all over my carpet and couch. Hey, its not easy learning to drink from a big girl cup, I get that.  My laundry was sorted and used to decorate my living room.  This took alot of planning and thought as it is clearly nothing short of an artistic masterpiece.  My girl is a mess and into everything.  I have heard rumors that both her dad and I were the same way as babies, so I suppose what goes around, comes around!  
So that's a little look into my life.  Come back and hang out any time!

1 comments:

lovesbabies said...

Amelia is precious!